This Christmastime river cruise is a unique and unforgettable way to celebrate the season! Board your Avalon Suite Ship® in Frankfurt, Germany, then sail up the Rhine River to Basel, Switzerland, passing beautiful views and quaint villages festively lit and decorated. This one-of-a-kind Christmas river cruise through France and Germany takes you on an excursion to Heidelberg, Germany, to visit the fascinating ruins of Heidelberg Castle, towering magnificently over the city. At this time of year, an ice rink can be found at the foot of the castle and the Christmas market is spread over five town squares. Delight in the holiday cheer with Glühwein (hot mulled wine), bratwursts, and other regional delicacies. You’ll also find an array of crafts, Christmas decorations, and gifts.
Strasbourg, located on the border of France and Germany, perfectly blends the cultures of both countries. Strasbourg is home to one of the oldest and finest Christmas markets in Europe - dating back to the 16th century. Take in the aromas of mulled wine, spice cakes, and biscuits. Bask in the holiday atmosphere as you visit the Strasbourg Cathedral, a gothic masterpiece made of red sandstone, and containing ancient murals and fascinating astronomical clock. Your Christmas river cruise along the Rhine River takes you to Breisach, considered the gateway to Germany’s Black Forest - an area of unrivaled natural beauty, best known for Black Forest ham, cherry cake, and the cuckoo clock. There is no better setting than this time of year when smoke curls from the chimneys of the traditional Black Forest houses. Your delightful holiday cruise ends in Basel, Switzerland. Don’t miss this experience to savor the holiday season in traditional and beautiful Christmas traditions of European winter markets and festivities!
Terms of Payment
Deposit: USD 500 per person must be paid upon booking.
Final Payment: required 95 days to commencement of services.
** If final payment doesn't make by the final payment date, reservation will be cancelled, and deposit and all prepaid fees & premiums will be forfeited.
** Not applicable to specific offer and promotion.
|Notice||Charges (per person)|
|More than 91 days to commencement of services||Deposit amount (USD 500)|
|60 ~ 90 days to commencement of services||35% of total price|
|30 ~ 59 days to commencement of services||50% of total price|
|3 ~ 29 days to commencement of services||80% of total price|
|2 days to commencement of services / without notice||100% of total price|
** Cancellation policy for specific offer and promotion differs.
|On or before final payment date||Minimum USD 30 per participant fee (subject to approval) + any airline change fees|
|After the final payment date||All cancellation fees apply|
1. Administration fee of MYR 300 per cabin will be imposed for any cancellation made to booking after booking is confirmed.
2. All the above will be subjected to change without prior notice.
Visa Requirement & Passage Restriction
1. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after the scheduled return date to home country.
2. It is passenger’s responsibility to obtain and have in possession proper and valid documentation / visa required for entry and departure for each country passenger travel. Passenger is solely responsible for the cost incurred during travel for missing, incomplete or defective documentation. Avalon Waterways is not liable for any loss or expense incurred due to loss, damage, or errant entry, exit or travel documentation.
3. Any child under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21, on all services, including the sharing of accommodations. If the accompanying adult is not a parent, a “Parental Consent Guardianship Form” must be signed by a parent or legal guardian of the child and received by Avalon Waterways prior sailing.
4. Passage of pregnant women will only permitted before her 24th week pregnancy at the time of sailing and must accompanied with doctor’s certificate stating that she is fit to travel at sea. No refund or compensation will be given in the event of cancellation due to pregnancy.
5. The minimum age for boarding Avalon Waterways is 8 years of age. There is no special arrangements or activities for children on board the ships.
6. Avalon Waterways reserves the right to refuse embarkation to any passenger whose medical condition is not made known prior to sailing and SHALL NOT be required to REFUND cruise fare paid.
7. NO REFUND will be made to passengers denied embarkation for non-compliance of immigration requirements.
8. It is recommended every passenger to read through Carrier Terms & Conditions privided by Avalon Waterways carefully. If you disagree with or are unwilling to be bound by any of the terms of the contract, please do not participate in the cruise or related travel being offered.
* Avalon Waterways reserve the right to cancel or substitute any scheduled port of call / itinerary / price / cruise & land program / shore excursion / hotel / vessal / cabin at any time without prior notice.
Searching the BEST price...