This festive Christmastime river cruise begins in Nuremberg, the unofficial capital of the Holy Roman Empire. Guided sightseeing shows you its historical treasures, as well as Old Town, illuminated with holiday lights and decorations. There’s plenty of time to visit the Christmas market, one of the most famous in Germany, and be sure to savor some traditional lebkuchen (spicy gingerbread), a specialty of Nuremberg. Next stop is delightful Bamberg, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here, throughout town, you’ll see nativity scenes built by local citizens. Learn about Christmas traditions as you cruise to charming Würzburg, known as the “Pearl of the Romantic Road”, and surrounded by sloping hills covered with vineyards.
Walk through the halls of the ornate Bishop’s Residence - home to the largest ceiling fresco ever painted, then stroll through the Christmas markets while you sip Glühwein (hot mulled wine). Learn how to bake a traditional cookie before arriving at one of the charming small towns with half-timbered houses and narrow streets that are dotted along the Main River. Take a guided walk of one of these picturesque Bavarian villages - sure to be even more appealing lit up with festive lights and decorations. As this unforgettable Europe river cruise ends in Frankfurt, you will never forget the historical treasures of Germany perfectly paired with the views, sounds, and tastes of the joyous holiday season.
Terms of Payment
Deposit: USD 500 per person must be paid upon booking.
Final Payment: required 95 days to commencement of services.
** If final payment doesn't make by the final payment date, reservation will be cancelled, and deposit and all prepaid fees & premiums will be forfeited.
** Not applicable to specific offer and promotion.
|Notice||Charges (per person)|
|More than 91 days to commencement of services||Deposit amount (USD 500)|
|60 ~ 90 days to commencement of services||35% of total price|
|30 ~ 59 days to commencement of services||50% of total price|
|3 ~ 29 days to commencement of services||80% of total price|
|2 days to commencement of services / without notice||100% of total price|
** Cancellation policy for specific offer and promotion differs.
|On or before final payment date||Minimum USD 30 per participant fee (subject to approval) + any airline change fees|
|After the final payment date||All cancellation fees apply|
1. Administration fee of MYR 300 per cabin will be imposed for any cancellation made to booking after booking is confirmed.
2. All the above will be subjected to change without prior notice.
Visa Requirement & Passage Restriction
1. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after the scheduled return date to home country.
2. It is passenger’s responsibility to obtain and have in possession proper and valid documentation / visa required for entry and departure for each country passenger travel. Passenger is solely responsible for the cost incurred during travel for missing, incomplete or defective documentation. Avalon Waterways is not liable for any loss or expense incurred due to loss, damage, or errant entry, exit or travel documentation.
3. Any child under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21, on all services, including the sharing of accommodations. If the accompanying adult is not a parent, a “Parental Consent Guardianship Form” must be signed by a parent or legal guardian of the child and received by Avalon Waterways prior sailing.
4. Passage of pregnant women will only permitted before her 24th week pregnancy at the time of sailing and must accompanied with doctor’s certificate stating that she is fit to travel at sea. No refund or compensation will be given in the event of cancellation due to pregnancy.
5. The minimum age for boarding Avalon Waterways is 8 years of age. There is no special arrangements or activities for children on board the ships.
6. Avalon Waterways reserves the right to refuse embarkation to any passenger whose medical condition is not made known prior to sailing and SHALL NOT be required to REFUND cruise fare paid.
7. NO REFUND will be made to passengers denied embarkation for non-compliance of immigration requirements.
8. It is recommended every passenger to read through Carrier Terms & Conditions privided by Avalon Waterways carefully. If you disagree with or are unwilling to be bound by any of the terms of the contract, please do not participate in the cruise or related travel being offered.
* Avalon Waterways reserve the right to cancel or substitute any scheduled port of call / itinerary / price / cruise & land program / shore excursion / hotel / vessal / cabin at any time without prior notice.
Searching the BEST price...