Quantum of the Seas
There's only one word that can possibly sum up the newest ship, Quantum of the Seas® : WOW! Newly designed staterooms, game-changing technology, groundbreaking venues and the best dining ever are just the start of what you'll find onboard. By taking a quantum leap forward with the first ship in Quantum class, Royal Caribbean International is holding itself up to the promise of building ships that take you to new heights.
- Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean International
- Gross Tonnage (grt): 168,666
- Length (m): 347.1
- Width (m): 49.5
- Cruise Speed (knots): 22
- Deck: 16
- Number of Cabins: 2,090
- Passenger Capacity: 4,905
- 7 Complimentary Restaurants
- Complimentary Buffet Restaurant
- 2 Snacks Bars
- 8 Specialty Restaurants
- 10 Bars, Clubs & Lounges
- Royal Theatre
- Music Hall
- Outdoor Movie Screen
- Casino Royale®
- North Star℠
- Royal Escape Room℠
- Laser Tag
- Ripcord by iFly℠ (Skydiving Simulator)
- FlowRider℠ (Surf Simulator)
- Seaplex℠ (Indoor Sports Zone)
- Bumper Cars
- 2 Pools & 4 Whirlpools
- Adventure Ocean®
- DreamWorks® Experience
- Vitality℠ Spa
- Fitness Centre
- Rock-climbing Wall
- Mini Golf Course
- Jogging Track
- Table Tennis
- Basketball Court
- Roller Skating
- Circus School
- Teen Disco
- Duty-free Shopping
- Photo Gallery
- Art Gallery
- Card Room
- Conference Centre
- Medical Centre
For the first day of your cruise, pack a small carry-on bag with your travel documents, a change of clothes, bathing suit, workout clothes, and any medications you may need. That way you don't have to wait for your checked bags to arrive in your stateroom.
Shorts, t-shirts, slacks, trousers, casual skirts, blouses and sundresses are all perfect during the day, whether indoors or out. A jacket or shawl is always advisable.
- lounging by the pool - bathing suits, casual shoes (e.g., flip-flops, sandals, sneakers), casual shorts, t-shirts or cover-up.
- fitness center - running shoes/sneakers, extra shorts, t-shirts and socks.
** Reminder: Clothing must however be suited to the environment, season, destination (eg. religious sites) or occasion, such as a formal night (smart & elegant is recommended) or an excursion.
Meals in the main dining room follow this schedule:
|Cruise Length ||Casual ||Smart Casual ||Formal |
|3-night ||2 ||0 ||1 |
|4-night ||3 ||0 ||1 |
|5-night ||3 ||1 ||1 |
|6-night ||3 ||1 ||2 |
|7-night ||4 ||1 ||2 |
|8-night ||4 ||2 ||2 |
|9-night ||5 ||2 ||2 |
|10-night ||6 ||2 ||2 |
|11-night ||7 ||2 ||2 |
|12-night ||8 ||2 ||2 |
|13-night ||9 ||2 ||2 |
|14-night ||8 ||3 ||3 |
|15-night+ ||Remaining Casual ||3 ||3 |
* The number of smart casual and formal nights is at the ship's discretion. Please refer to Cruise Compass (Ship’s Daily Programme) for final confirmation.
Suggested guidelines for these nights are:
- Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women.
- Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women.
- Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women.
- Shorts, T-shirts, and bathing suits are not considered appropriate attire in the dining rooms at dinner.
- Casual dress dining is available nightly in the Windjammer Cafe (Buffet Line).
- You'll also need smart casual attire for some of specialty restaurants.
* Tuxedo Rentals for formal dinners and special occasions are available onboard.
Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of the guests and crew are prohibited. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.
Examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard, please click http://tinyurl.com/hs2ffht
The complete schedule of all of the following day’s events will be delivered to your cabin every evening. Make sure you take it with you, even when going ashore, as it has contact numbers and details of the ship’s departure time, the time zone of the destination, etc.
All of Royal Caribbean International ships operate on a "cashless" system, meaning your boarding card, (also known as your SeaPass card), will be used as a charge card to make all onboard purchases. Normally to activate this SeaPass® account, you may provide a credit card, to have these purchases charged to at the end of the cruise. Additionally, the SeaPass® system may be activated with traveler's checks or cash.
If you provided a credit card and there are no discrepancies, the amount will be charged to your account on the morning of disembarkation. If you have used traveler's checks or cash to activate the account, you will need to settle the account at the Guest Relations desk, (to either receive a reimbursement of the unused amount from deposit or to pay the balance of what you have charged over the amount of your deposit).
* Please note:
(1) Credit Card payment - Check-in staff will key in/verify the card details during check-in and charge the expenses to your card at the end of the cruise.
(2) Cash payment - Passengers are required to place a deposit (USD 50~100) if you are going to pay SeaPass account with cash. Once the limit reached, you may wish to proceed to the Guest Relations Desk to settle your account.
Babysitting is offered both in a group setting, and individually in your stateroom. In stateroom babysitting must be reserved through the Guest Relations Desk (Purser's Desk) at least 24 hours in advance. There is a limited number of babysitters available and will be assigned on a first come first served basis.
Children MUST be at least 1 year old.
Approximate Rate: USD 19 per hour for up to four children.
* Prices are subject to change without notice.
Royal Caribbean has developed age-appropriate curriculums to engage and entertain kids of all ages, making family time a great time.
- Royal Babies & Royal Tots
- Royal Babies program (ages 6-18 months) offers tiniest guests and their parents interactive classes filled with enriching activities developed by early childhood experts.
- Royal Tots program (ages 18-36 months) offers 45-minute interactive playground sessions filled with age-appropriate activities and toys.
- Both programs are hosted by well trained youth staff.
- A parent or caregiver must accompany child during all activity sessions.
- Nursery service is available as a drop-off option for parents: USD 6 per child per hour ; USD 8 per child per hour (after 6:00pm).
- Adventure Ocean® youth programs
- Not only will your children's time on board be fun, it will be educational too:
(1) Aquanauts (ages 3-5 years)
(2) Explorers (ages 6-8 years)
(3) Voyagers (ages 9-11 years)
- Tween & Teen Programs
- Whether hanging out with other cruisers or checking out games, sports and parties are on your tween's agenda, the teen-only spots are the places to go.
My Family Time Dining® is offered for the first seating time in the main dining room, for children ages 3 to 11. Kids enjoy their meal within 40 minutes of seating, before heading to the evening's Adventure Ocean® activities. The staff will collect your child from the dining room, and you may stay behind to relax and continue your meal. The program starts the second evening you're onboard. After that, you can use it each evening or whenever you wish.
Meet some of your favorite characters from popular movies like Madagascar, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon. In between nibbles, the whole family will be full of giggles as the characters stop by your table for some playful shenanigans. And every day is a new movie-themed experience.
For reservations, there will be a USD 10 per person charge for all guests 6 years of age and older for the DreamWorks® Character Breakfast.
- Original Passport (at least 6 months validity as at the end of sailing period)
- Valid Visa (if required)
- Boarding Pass (SetSail Pass)
- Credit Card (Optional)
Currency used onboard is US Dollar (USD).
Upon your arrival at the port, take your luggage (if any) to the luggage drop-off area, customer service staff will in the designated counter dedicated for your services. Your luggage will be taken to your cabin (free of charge) after sailing.
Baggage should be labelled and left outside your cabin door on the final night of the cruise. Cruise staff will collect it and you will be able to reclaim it in the terminal building or the dedicated areas ashore after disembarkation. We recommend that you keep a small piece of hand luggage with everything you need the following morning (documents, medicines, change of clothes, etc.).
During boarding, cruise staff will keep your passport/travelling document and full custody, in order to show the different port agencies. On disembarkation day, passport will be distributed back.
International and Maritime Law requires all passengers attend this important drill. Please listen to the announcement for the safety drill. Please collect your lifejackets and check your access card for assembly station. Vital information will be communicated at this time.
You will receive a personal SeaPass Card at check-in counter which
will automatically identify your name. During the cruise, you will
need to use it when making purchases in the onboard shops and to
pay for any extra services (except bets at the Casino’s tables), or
as a cabin card. Purchases will be automatically added to your
cabin account, which must then be settled at the end of the cruise
in cash or by credit card.
Royal Caribbean International has introduced nominal fees for selected amenities onboard. The fees will be implemented on 3 to 7 nights for Singapore sailings starting from November 16, 2019. The longer sailings of 9 nights are exempted.
The charges per guest are as follows:
|North Star℠ ||USD 12 for Adult ; USD 8 for Child (11 years old and younger) |
|Ripcord by iFly℠ ||USD 29 |
|Bumper Cars ||Complimentary (with Express Lane option at USD 5) |
About the Cruise Line
Royal Caribbean has always been a leader in the cruise industry and the Royal Caribbean ships continue to set the bar on innovation in cruising. Their 22 ships will amaze you with all that they have to offer. Some of the innovations include rock-climbing walls, ice-skating rinks, relaxing spas, cantilevered whirlpools, miniature golf and even FlowRider surf parks. Their H2O water parks are fun for the whole family. The dining options on a Royal Caribbean cruise are numerous and include traditional dining, casual dining and a number of specialty restaurants such as Chops Steakhouse, Giovanni's Table, Asian restaurants and more.
Their newest class of ships, the Oasis of the Seas and the Allure of the Seas, are the largest ships on the planet and are a destination in themselves. The new features on the Oasis of the Seas and the Allure of the Seas include a Zip Line, AquaTheater, a Carousel and their new Loft Suites, to just name a few.
Royal Caribbean offers cruises that span the globe. Ranging from 3 to 18 days, Royal Caribbean operates exciting itineraries to the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Bermuda, Alaska, Canada and New England, Europe, the Panama Canal, Hawaii, South America, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia/New Zealand. So wherever you are looking to cruise Royal Caribbean has a cruise adventure waiting for you.